Whether you are eating, sleeping, resting, conversing with others, building relationships, or working with your hands, you CAN find your passion in your daily grind.
Here are FIVE ways to help you! Grab a journal and start jogging down your ideas.
1) Know yourself
Ask yourself these three questions.
- What do you love?
- What do you hate?
- What gets you going?
Reflect on these questions. Document everything that comes to your mind. Do not strike out anything at this point.
2) Go on a coffee date
You know that individual whom you’ve met before and know of, and you caught yourself saying “that person is living the life”. Well, why don’t you invite that person out for a coffee? For myself, I’m fascinated to know what piques your interest. You see, everyone is unique! To get the conversation going, again I love asking these three questions.
What do you love? What do you hate? What gets you going?
Speaking with others give you new ideas and a different perspective. I invite you to check out these interviews to be inspired right away!
3) Join a community
“I can do things you cannot. You can do things I cannot. Together we can do great things.” ~ Mother Teresa
When people get together and help each other, the impact is phenomenal. Check out these community groups!
- Marshawn Evans Daniels – she helps women of faith believe bigger, grow their faith and upgrade their income
- Classy Career Girl – their vision is “career fulfillment for all women, whether that is working for a company, running your own business or running your home.”
- Ten Thousand Coffee – you can do a coffee chat in person or online
- Wattpad – do you love writing? do you want to learn more about storytelling? This online writing community is transforming the entertainment world.
- MomsTO and Life With a Baby – are you a mom with a newborn?
4) Go to a leadership conference
Hear stories from leaders and experts in their field. People are often open to sharing their origin story. A one or two day conference gives you tons of insights as you can learn from their experience, tap into their knowledge and meet other attendees who are looking to be inspired. Here are my recommendations.
- WattConference – a writing conference hosted by Wattpad
- Yellow Co – “a community of women creating meaningful work”
5) Keep a journal
If you still haven’t grabbed a journal yet, I highly recommend you get one. Nowadays, everyone relies on their phone to make notes. I hate paper, so I would often keep digital notes. But there is something about writing down your ideas and reflecting on your written notes.
Let me know if these 5 suggestions have helped you today. What are you waiting for? Start brainstorming now!
As I am writing this blog post, I am reminded that I am anchored in Jesus Christ. For me, getting to know his teaching in the Bible is my cornerstone to finding my purpose and passion. When I read His words, reflect in my journal, and pray, He inspires me to do the best in the gifts entrusted to me. It has been an adventure!
How do you discover your passion? Leave your comment below.